Wednesday, December 29, 2010

Almost Time

Time to take a breath, time to take a look back and time to take a step forward. Another year is nearing it's birth. I often feel like it is an opportunity to review the last year as well as set plans and priorities for the new year. Maybe I should have a "Mini New Year" semi annually? Hmmmmm....

I had dinner alone with Marissa last night while Steve and Javan attended a going-away dinner for one of his Marines. Originally, I was a little upset that our family plans for the evening of grilling some nice thick steaks and hanging out changed so quickly to attend the going away. As well, I know it is a little odd to drag your whole family along so I knew it would mean of evening of odd man out for Marissa and I.

Marissa and I decided to head out for dinner ourselves and I must say that I am so happy that we had time to just share together, just her and I. During dinner, out of the blue, Marissa mentions how guilty she felt for haveing such a large plate of food, refills of drinks and all the bread she could want while so many others have nothing. How wonderful! How amazing and happy this makes me feel to know that this little person we have raised can think beyond herself. This allowed an open door for more wonderful conversatioal topics such as compassion, humility, a giving heart and being true to herself. What a wonderful blessing in disguise our forced dinner became!

Almost time to begin a new year with new adventures for the Hedrick Clan - Maybe we will have more blessings than not this year just like the little one above.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Glad to see you are back to posting on your blog - maybe this will motivate me. Praying your New Year is off to a great start!!!!