Thursday, July 23, 2009

Up to this point.

We have been crazy busy showing my Mom and dad the island and it has been so much fun! It is already sad to think that they will be leaving in about a month and I already feel a bit anxious that we will not have time to see it all. I can only imagine how things are going to pan out once they leave- I know I am going to stumble across another part of the hidden endless beauty of this island and be upset that I did not get share some part of it with them. How blessed I am to have the opportunity to share this experience with them as well as that my children will have these great memories of Nana and Papa in Okinawa.

A few things we have done up to this point
* Ikei Island
* Ikei Beach
* Big Time Resort
* Moon Beach - snorkel side (still get to explore the resort side!)
* Okuma
* Cape Hedo
* Main City Mall
* Yomitan Village
* Kokusai Street
* Yomitan Pottery
* Peace Prayer Park
* Marino's Italiano - Mom was so happy to find a place she could enjoy :)
* 100 Yen Sushi Bar
* Goen - still have to take Dad, he hung out at the house that day.
* The village open market

There is still so much to do! I am not sure why I am sitting here?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the update!! You all have done a ton!! Check out Okinawa Hai for more ideas. You have to take them to Pizza In The Sky and Sachi's Antiques - you could even make your own Shisa dogs while you're there!!! Or take them to the British Tea and Wine Shop in Nago for "regular" food - the owner is very intertaining!!!!!