Thursday, August 7, 2008

Eisa festival of 10,000 dancers 2008

So I have felt a little guilty of not sharing more of the Japanese culture with you guys because we have really been hanging around the house so much. There is so much to do and see here I find myself almost irritated that we are not out EVERY weekend seeing and doing more. I have to remind myself quite often that we are here for 3 years so try not to rush.

The kids only have about 2 weeks or so until school starts so I really want to get them out some before the big "1st day". We went last weekend to the 53rd Annual Eisa Festival of 10,000 dancers. This festival actually started as a contest between groups of dancers performing their cultural dances for judges. The dancers vary in ages from very small to very old.

We had an awesome time and the sounds of the large drums just resonated deep in your chest. It was really spectacular! Of course, it did begin to rain but I did not mind at all since it kept it kinda cool. Here are a few pictures of the Eisa Festival, enjoy! we did...



Little guy getting ready for his groups turn.



Hmmm... I can't get blogger to download any more pics right now, I'm so upset because there are some great pictures. I'll try to post more later!

No comments: