Wednesday, July 30, 2008

Ghetto Fab or Gotta Have?

They say When in Okinawa do as....

So manicures and pedicures are the "big" thing around here for women. All the ladies and teens know about "Cocoks" pronounced Coco's (drop the K!!) There they do intricate designs and paintings on all your digits. I was diggin' the whole hour and a half pedicure thing and nail art, what a nice treat!

In the states I have had my nails done for like ummm...let's just say a long time.
It is a process I have gotten down to a science and I know exactly what I like and what I don't like. I run in and in 45 min. I am running out. Perfect. Fast. On-the-fly.

My appt. here started like all the others for my "fill" sit in the chair and - Wait, is that glass of tea for me? Yes! They brought me a glass of tea(it's yummy too)and an hour and a half later she was done. Now I can not say that I was not beginning to become inpatient because well, that is just how I am. Why though? It is such a different way of thinking here. To them I was there to "relax". I am going to work on that!

They have a book of "Nail Art" that you look through and they actually paint the design you chose on your nails and they do 3D art as well(its all puffy). Marissa had thumbed through this book and was beside herself, she LOVED it all. Then she had to go on to say "Mom, you are so boring, you never do stuff like this" and "If Aunt Amanda were here she would do something fun and crazy". On and on she went until I actually started to feel old and boring, not exciting or fun. So I went for it!! Pink paint, gold glitter,3D art flowers and GOLD BALLS!! It must have been the tea. What was I thinking?

Did I really prove anything? Does she think I am any cooler? I don't really think so, but I am the one stuck with some crazy designs and 3D art on my fingernails that I NEVER would have done before, trust me. It is hard for me to even paint them pink. Oh lands, what have I done?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

YES,SOMEWHERE DEEP DOWN RISS THINKS YOU ARE REALLY COOL. I DON'T KNOW IF YOU WILL EVER KNOW IT THOUGH.
I THINK YOU ARE "ADVENTUREOUS" AND "DAREING". NOW THE NAIL ART? I KINDA FALL ON THE SIDE OF GHETTO. SORRY BUT IT IS REALLY STRANGE. BUT YOU STILL HAVE BEAUTIFUL HANDS!

Nate*n*Cass said...

this post made me laugh so hard.. i bet the nails look good.. and i bet marissa thinks you are super cool.. you sound like a super cool mom to me.. with all the stories i have heard!:)