Wednesday, December 12, 2007

Ooops

Ok, So I thought that I had everything all under control with the whole dog vs. vaccination thing but I was so wrong. Upon dragging the kids and a 100 pound (leash untrained) dog (whom I had forgotten to grab his chest harness) to the Vets office at Scott Air Force base appx. 80+ miles away from home I was told that his Rabies vaccine had expired! EXPIRED - 11-27-07. I missed it by 11 days!! 11 days means that I have to start the whole process of rabies vaccine and quarantine all over again. If I had not have missed the expiration than I could have started quarantining him for his 180 days today, but I did. Ooops!



Poor Cyrus! He really will not have time to get a "Clean" bill of health before we go. He will have to hang out here in the states until we have a home on-base then he can come. He can quarantine in home if we are on base but who knows how long that will take to get a place. Oh! and the Gecko needs a health certificate also before he can go. I have to check with the embassy to see what Gecko's desiring to enter Japan need for acceptance to the country. He will be geckoneese! Ok - Gotta go to work, I've gotta puker....grrreat!

No comments: